D.I.Y. Canada Shirt


 
Bonjour guys! My school celebrated world day recently! Each grade level learns about a different region of the world and each class learns about a different country!  My class learned about Canada, there was a parade and everything.  

I learned so many cool facts about Canada like some Canadians speak French and some English and some both! Canadian police officers are called mounties.  They have provinces and Drake is from there! But, my favorite fact is about the fooooooooood!  I'm all about those pancakes!  The coolest thing I learned about Canada was about maple.  The Maple leaf is on their flag and Canada produces almost 80% of the maple products supplied worldwide!  That's a whole lot of maple!

My class had to wear something representing Canada so of course I had to make a shirt! Here are a list of supplies I used and scroll down for directions. 
***Don't forget to ask your parents before doing this activity!***

Supplies : 
  • white cotton shirt 100%
  • foam brush or regular brush
  • freezer paper
  • scissors or an exacto knife 
  • iron
  • fabric paint(i used fabric medium & red acrylic paint
  • fabris marker(optional
Step by Step Directions

  1. Ok so 1st you will need to draw your design on the freezer paper and cut out the design.  Whatever is open will end up being printed on your shirt!



2.   Place a board under your shirt to smooth it out an to make sure that your paint doesn't leak through


3.   You may need your mom or dads help but iron the freezer paper with the design cut out on

   4.   Make sure that there are no wrinkles around the inner edges of the design.  If there are just iron until it's flat.

      5.  I have to mix my fabric medium with the acrylic paint so that when my shirt is done i'll be able to wash it!


6.  If you are using medium mix 1 part acrylic 1 part medium


7.  Apply evenly to your shirt




8.  Allow to dry completely and then slowly peel back the freezer paper off of the shirt.




I added a few extra doodles that represent Canada but that's it!  I hope I've inspired you to create and learn.  Leave a comment below to tell me what you have learned about or if you decide tottery this activity! Thanks for reading!



Comments